Well, good morning strangers and how is everyone this fine Sunday morning? I have certainly been missing a bit here lately but my schedule has been crazy! The truth is that’s still no excuse for not at least checking in and letting you all know how things are going and all. This morning the sun is shining but not too burdensome and the clouds have given enough cover to truly give the day some comfort! I absolutely love days like this because they put my mind at ease and force me to pause and remember how blessed I truly am! I’ve got my coffee with just a splash of sugar-free creamer and nothing else and I’m ready to get started, I hope you have your’s as you read along!
As you all remember I was dealing with a bit of a back problem recently, well I’m happy to report that the pain seems to be completely gone and I’m back feeling great down there.lol. You really don’t appreciate how important movement is until it’s restricted! My workout yesterday was really great because I was fasted, going into my 42nd hour of an extended fast actually but I’ll get to that. I did chest and triceps as well as 30 minutes on the stationary bike and it felt awesome! There are several studies about how much better for the body fasted workouts are than the traditional way and while I’m still developing my take on it I will certainly say this; fasted workouts just feel better to my body. There’s nothing like knowing that your body has nothing to burn but your stored body fat that really gets you motivated to really go hard! The cool thing is I have found that I feel better and have better stamina when I go into a workout with an empty stomach! I highly recommend you try it and see how you feel it may be a game-changer for you! So the other day I was talking about my walks to the park and how I wanted to get more cardio from walking around outside the gym. Recently, I have been doing just that, my fiance’ and I have been going to the park together and walking for certain distances and allowing ourselves to get a feel for how far we can go. My goal as I said before is to gradually increase my speed and distance until I can comfortably walk the 5.7 miles around the entire lake! It’s not super far for most people but if I can do that with my size I should lose tons of fat! lol.
My attention to my keto has been razor sharp and I haven’t had even one cheat meal and I have no plans at all of ending this focus any time soon! I’ve been keeping my carbs under 50 and that’s total carbs daily because I don’t subtract fiber for the time being. I have also raised my healthy fat intake to a higher level and that has made all the difference. My green smoothies are back and I have been having at least one large one a day with my 2 meals. I’d say 95% of my carbs come from kale, spinach or romaine lettuce and only the other 5% is made up from other sources such as sausage or low carb dressings and sauces. My first meal is typically around 9 a.m. and my last one is usually no later than 3 p.m. and for some reason, this early meal time works really well for me and I don’t feel as hungry as I have in the past! Tonight I will be making my first attempt at a low carb cauliflower soup that I have been wanting to try for a long time and I will certainly blog about it when I’m done. I have also been drinking some homemade cold brew coffee and I really love the taste and flavor plus it’s an awesome switch from the norm!
I recently joined I.D.M. which stands for Intensive Dietary Management and it’s headed by Doctor Jason Fung and Megan Ramos. I have long been a fan of both and I wanted more information on fasting and the use of it for fat loss and long-term health. It’s a free membership trial so I figured I have nothing to lose because if it’s not worth it I’ll simply cancel. What I have found is that the fasting routine that has been working for me is 3 42 hour fasts on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays! First off, I never thought I could fast this long at all and some people do a lot longer fasts but I’m finding these are just challenging enough for me! What’s cool is the support groups inside the community are really awesome and knowledgeable, which makes everything so much easier! Yall already know I’m not sponsored by them or anyone else so you can trust that it just may work for you if you need help with your journey, it can’t hurt to check it out.lol. Since doing the fasting I’ve already dropped several pounds of fat, which brings me to my announcement that as of Friday I am officially down to 510! I’m very excited about this because you all know I have been kind of struggling lately with my fat loss slowing down! I’m praying that my consistent fasting along with my low carb eating will continue to provide the desired results!
Please enjoy the extended weekend and keep on keeping it going! I’m proud of all of you for all that you do to better yourselves and I’m always here to help if anyone needs anything!
Facebook: Alexx’s Keto Avenue